Same-Day Restorations with CEREC Technology – Lebanon, NH
Repair Your Smile in a Single Appointment
The traditional process for installing a dental crown requires a dentist to prepare the teeth, take impressions of the teeth, and then wait weeks while a laboratory creates the final restoration. Today, many patients are eligible for a much faster restoration process: same-day CEREC crowns in Lebanon. We invite you to learn more about this amazing technology and how it may be able to benefit your smile.
How CEREC Works
CEREC is an acronym for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, or CEramic REConstruction. That is quite a mouthful, but the concept behind it is easy to understand. Simply put, CEREC is an advanced technology that allows us to design and craft porcelain crowns and bridges right in our office. The process usually goes like this:
- We prepare your tooth to receive the crown. We may need to remove a bit of enamel so it will fit well under your new restoration.
- We apply a safe, tasteless powder to your teeth. Then, we use the CEREC scanning technology to take a digital impression of your tooth and the surrounding area.
- Your dentist in Lebanon uses the images from the scan to design your crown with CEREC’s advanced software.
- Once the design is complete, our in-house milling unit creates the new restoration out of a single block of high-quality dental porcelain.
- Your dentist verifies that the crown is shaped ideally for your teeth, then cements it permanently in place.
Advantages of CEREC
CEREC technology offers a number of significant advantages:
- No messy impressions. Making traditional crown usually requires that patients bite into a putty material.
- Whereas traditional crowns take at least two appointments to place, you can receive a CEREC crown in just a few hours.
- No need for a temporary crown. There is always a risk that a temporary crown will fall off or cause other problems. Since a CEREC crown is installed on the same day we prepare the tooth, there is no need for a temporary restoration.
- Remarkable quality. CEREC crowns are on par with lab-made porcelain crowns in terms of both durability and beauty.
- The cost of CEREC crowns is comparable to that of traditional ones. Most dental insurance plans cover CEREC restorations.
Come to Santavicca Dental Professionals for CEREC Crowns
Only a handful of dental practices around the country use CEREC technology; most stick with traditional restorative procedures. At Santavicca Dental Professionals, our commitment to our patients motivates us to invest in tools that create the most comfortable and efficient experience possible for our patients, including CEREC. Moreover, Dr. Angela Santavicca is an experienced restorative dentist. She has undergone extensive training that has endowed her with an intimate understanding of how the oral structures function. Thus, she is especially qualified to design CEREC restorations that provide a comfortable bite and outstanding aesthetic quality.
If you believe you need a crown or bridge, or you have an old restoration that needs to be replaced, contact our team today to schedule your restorative consultation.